Our knee brace is designed to provide you with the support you need. It offers adjustable compression for full flexibility and support to help promote recovery.
Knee braces offer support to help prevent and relieve knee pain. They help with generalized pain, or specific pain such as a torn meniscus, dislocated patella, tendon strains, pulled ligaments, and osteoarthritis. RiptGear® knee braces have been designed to provide comfort and stability to help in recovery.
• Pre & Post Surgery
• Meniscus Tears
• Chronic Knee Conditions
• ACL, PCL & MCL
• Chronic Knee Conditions
• Injury Prevention
• Walking & Running
Patella Knee Brace
Open Patella Stabilizer Knee Brace
Our RiptGear® patella knee brace has been designed to alleviate a wide variety of knee pain. The straps can be adjusted to attach anywhere along the front of your knee to give you perfectly-customized support.
Our knee braces are ideal for walking, running, playing sports, weightlifting, and for use during workouts. The open-patella stabilizer ring keeps your kneecap in its proper position. This lowers the risk of injury by guiding the kneecap into its proper position. Our product is designed to evenly distribute pressure across the knee and help with ligament issues including MCL, PCL, ACL, and LCL ligaments.
Knee braces are popular for helping to reduce pain and provide support for conditions caused by arthritis, osteoporosis, tendinitis, and sports-related injuries.
Patella Brace Benefits
• OPEN PATELLA DESIGN – the open design helps your kneecap remain in a comfortable and supported position
• POST-SURGICAL RECOVERY – four side stabilizers and four anti-slip compression straps help with support after surgery
• ARTHRITIS AND CHRONIC PAIN – arthritis, and pain sufferers can benefit from fully adjustable compression
• COMFORTABLE SOFT – our neoprene compression fabric is easily adjustable and comfortable
• SPORTS INJURIES – injuries can be reduced by keeping the knee in a proper tracking position
Open Patella Knee Brace
RiptGear® patella braces help secure and redistribute weight to help an injured knee heal more quickly. Common injuries include twisted knees, ligament injuries, and incorrect ankle-to-knee alignment. Our RiptGear® open patella knee support braces are a good choice for most pain-causing injuries as well as for arthritic pain.
Generalized knee pain can have a variety of sources, and many can be difficult to pinpoint. They include tendinitis in the knee, knee dislocation, runner’s knee, and bursitis.
RiptGear® knee braces are well-designed and can handle all of your knee pain issues. We designed our top-quality materials to be both supportive as well as comfortable. Follow the RICE plan to help your body make a full recovery: rest, ice, compression, and elevation.
When to Wear a Knee Brace
The most common time to wear a knee brace is when you are having knee pain or when you want to avoid injuries. With certain sports there is a higher chance of knee injury than with other games.
Knee braces are also worn for rehabilitative purposes. One example is following an ACL injury. The proper brace will provide you with limited movement, allowing you to gradually regain your range of motion without further injury. Knee braces can also be helpful for arthritis sufferers because they can stabilize your knee which can help reduce pain and inflammation.
Our strong, supportive patella knee braces are popular knee brace for those who are recovering from injuries or trying to prevent a re-occurring injury. They can be used during activities that require repetitive knee motions and you can adjust the compression and flexibility with the multi-strap system.
Types of Knee Braces
Best Knee Braces
When researching knee braces, you will find several styles to choose from. The style you choose will likely be based on the level of support you need. The various styles include sleeves, wraparound braces, hinged braces, and straps.
1. Knee sleeves are often available in multiple sizes based on the circumference of your quadriceps. They are easy to wear, and you can slip them up and over your knee. They provide gentle knee compression which can help control swelling and pain. Knee sleeves often work best for intermittent, mild knee pain. Additionally, they are designed to help minimize arthritis pain. Knee sleeves are the simplest design, and the most comfortable style. They can easily fit under clothing.
2. Wraparound, or dual-wrap braces are great for athletes who experience mild to moderate knee pain because this style provides more support than a knee sleeve. The wraparound style of knee brace is easy to put on and to take off. They can be used during training because they don’t have the bulk and heaviness of hinged knee braces.
3. Hinged knee braces are commonly used post-surgery by patients and athletes who need a higher level of protection and additional support during recovery. This brace style keeps your knee in proper alignment while bending to help heal existing and avoid future injuries. Your doctor may first recommend a hinged knee brace after surgery, but then move you to a less rigid design once you reach a certain level of healing. Hinged braces are either rigid or soft, and the soft style provides less support than rigid braces.
4. A knee strap is a great choice for a knee brace if you suffer from knee pain caused by poor patella tracking, runner’s knee / jumper’s knee (patellar tendonitis), or Osgood-Schlatter disease. Patella straps fit under clothes and are easy to put on and take off. Wearing a patella knee strap helps prevent future patella injuries and can minimize knee pain with gentle compression on your patellar tendon.
5.Patella braces come in two styles. One is an open patella style which has a hole above the kneecap area of the brace. The other style is a closed (covered) patella style knee brace. Braces with an open patella avoid making unwanted pressure on the knee, while offering extra kneecap support. This can allows for proper movement and tracking of the kneecap. On the other hand, closed patella braces offer slight compression at the kneecap while still offering the same pressure around other parts of the knee.
Your doctor can help you decide which style is best for your particular pain and recovery needs.
Knee Braces for Recovery
Knee Brace for Sports
Are you suffering from a sports-related injury or arthritis pain in your knee? Are you looking to simply add some additional support and prevent another injury?
Many different knee issues affect the kneecap. Some of the more common examples include patellofemoral malalignment which occurs when the kneecap is not aligned correctly and patellar subluxation which is a result of the kneecap being pulled to the side as you bend your knee.
By wearing a patellar stabilizer, otherwise known as a patella tracking brace, you can help your knee move, and track properly. A knee that tracks properly will decrease the possibility that you will wear down your knee joint.
Patella braces can help prevent kneecap dislocations, and they also help to protect you from unnatural knee movement caused by patella-tracking issues.
RiptGear® Open Patellar Stabilizers help support your knee by providing compression all around the knee and “lifting” the kneecap into its proper position. These braces also help give support around the kneecap which customers state helps to reduce inflammation and pain.
Patella Knee Brace – Size and Instructions
Recommended Size Chart
Size Chart (inches):
IMPORTANT! For the best fit, measure 4″ inches above the kneecap (thigh) and 4″ inches below (calf).
16” – 18” inches diameter around Thigh
14” – 16” inches diameter around Calf
18” – 21” inches diameter around Thigh
16” – 18” inches diameter around Calf
Size: Extra Large
21” – 23” inches diameter around Thigh
18” – 20” inches diameter around Calf
At RiptGear® our goal is to help protect and heal athletes and everyday pain sufferers. Our adjustable compression Open Patella Knee Brace can help provide support for re-occurring injuries and hopefully prevent new injuries from happening.
RiptGear Coupon Codes and Promo Codes
RiptGear offers 15% off when you purchase on RiptGear.com. Save money and purchase from here. Enter the promo code during checkout: RIPT15